Saturday, September 19, 2009

Walnuts, Walnuts, Walnuts!

(For the full effect, the title should be said to the cadence of "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!")

I'm hoping we have reached the peak of the Great Walnut Drop of 2009. I can't imagine it could get worse than this. I do live in Walnut View, so I shouldn't be surprised. The walnut tree isn't even actually is in my yard. It just so graciously leans over my fence to drop its plethora of produce.

This morning I tried to mow. Last week was a little painful, but today was nearly downright impossible. The walnuts squish and get stuck under the mower, in the wheels, under the wheels. Plus my yard is a pretty decent slope. With my push mower, it was all I could do to keep going. At one point I stopped and considered going to buy a new self-propelled mower.

I figure I got a good workout at least. Too bad I had already done my hour-long Total Body Blast workout!

No comments: