Friday, September 18, 2009

Retirement

As I have now officially retired after nearly seven years as a road warrior, I figured I spend a few minutes reflecting on where I've been. While I do not have detailed records, I estimate I have:

  • Traveled through 37 airports, three of them at least 30 times (Memphis, Midway, Milwaukee).
  • Traveled to 20 client sites in 13 states, including 5 in Illinois. (That doesn't seem that much when you look at it...)
  • Traveled to three countries (Grand Cayman, Canada, and Australia).
  • Only traveled west for work one time.
  • Flown on 10 different airlines.
  • Lived in two furnished apartments.
  • Never missed a flight, despite two near misses, once to Canada and once to Milwaukee.
  • Had four flights cancelled, three of them in Melbourne and one due to the Midway plane crash.
  • Bailey and Riley made two trips during this time, one to live in Memphis and one to live in Overland Park while I was in Australia.

I have enjoyed traveling but grew tired of missing out on so many things during the week. Thanks to Bailey and Riley for their patience, and to mom and especially dad for paying daily visits to them for years. Now it is on to full-time cube life.

No comments: