Monday, May 11, 2009

6:48...What?????

I did something this morning I haven't done in years. Someone woke me up around 5:00 but I wasn't ready to get up and decided to wait for my alarm to go off at 6:00 a.m. I drifted back to sleep, woke up once or twice, but because the sun rises so early, there is now a glare on my alarm clock from the windows over my bed. Had that glare not been there, a near-crisis could have been averted.

Finally I woke up and decided I should check the clock to see how much longer. Come to find out it is 6:48 a.m. Holy $h@T! This is approximately eleven minutes and thirty seconds before I need to leave for the airport. Riley just stared at me while I took the world's fastest shower and got dressed. Luckily I was mostly packed last night.

I made it out the door at 7:09 a.m. I got in line at the airport but of course everybody there had either imagined they booked their tickets, was checking in a dog, or their suitcase was 18 pounds overweight. So it was a slow line. Luckily they held the flight open and I checked in at 8:05 a.m., went through security, and walked on the plane. If only my timing was always so perfect. Don't think I'll chance it next time!

No comments: