Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nice Job on the Practice Run. Now For Real...

Everything went smoothly on my way to the airport and checking in. The flight was looking to be on time and just when I thought the gate attendant was picking up the speaker to announce we were boarding, she said these words: "Sorry everyone, but I need you to evacuate the terminal." Everyone groaned. She mutters "My thoughts, exactly." So out we all went.

After standing outside for about ten minutes they announce a false alarm and that we can all proceed back inside. The lady behind me laments that she'll have to get out her drivers license again. As if that was the biggest inconvenience.

So in we go and all get in line for security, which at this point snakes clear back past the ticket counter. I luckily was near the middle of the line. They were courteous enough to announce they were holding the flight. Ya think?

You would think having just been through security would have put the rules fresh in everyone's mind. But we still had a large assortment of "What do you mean I can't have my cell phone in my pocket/wear my parka/bring in my water... and I have to take my shoes off???"

Gradually we all boarded the flight and took off only a half hour late after all that. Good thing we practiced.

Oh, and it is 51 degrees in Milwaukee, but I did get upgraded to a suite. Go figure it is for my shortest trip yet.

No comments: