Thursday, March 15, 2012

Reflections on 7-Year Adjustable Mortgages

Don't worry, this post isn't really about mortgages. Seven years ago today, I closed on my house. At the time I had a 7-year adjustable mortgage, and seven years sounded like an eternity. Well, those years have flown by (and I've refinanced) and lots of house things have been accomplished. As a summary of where I and my home remodeling team have been, here's the rundown.


  • Removed all the hearts and pink trim, wallpaper, and ceilings.

  • Replaced the air conditioner

  • Remodeled the basement and downstairs bathroom

  • Replaced the windows

  • Remodeled the hall bathroom

  • Greatly enhanced the deck.

  • Cut down all the overgrown-ness in the backyard and added grass and flower beds

  • Cut down two dead trees and planted two new trees

  • And now the kitchen!

I'm sure I'm forgetting something big. We've come a long way, so thanks to my team.

No comments: