Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fantastic Floor

Yesterday dad and I installed the kitchen floor. It took all day, and I'm not sure we quite got the hang of how to snap the pieces together. The first two rows took the longest to get started, but then we made faster progress. Because the kitchen isn't very big, there were very few full pieces, so lots of cutting. But it is done and I love it, and so does Riley! She spends a lot of time laying on it. (In this photo, you can also see my shiny new trash can that replaces the one I bought when I was a junior in college.)


Here is a closer up shot that better shows the cabinets. The dishwasher is also back in the kitchen awaiting plumbing. Hopefully any day now the counters will be ready and then the sink can go back in, returning the kitchen to a useful status.

No comments: