Monday, November 8, 2010

I Am Ungrateful for this Gift

Well folks, it's been awhile since something happened worth reporting, but now it has! I have the day off today, and I enjoyed sleeping in a little bit. I woke up at my usual time when it was still dark and then fell back to sleep. When I woke up later after the sun was up, I noticed I had been sleeping next to a dead mouse. I was horrified and ran downstairs until I could figure out what to do with it.

While I was standing in the kitchen cogitating, I look out the window and see a deer wandering around the yard. As you do.

I went back upstairs and Riley was sitting on the floor next to the bed. I worked it so I could wrap up the whole comforter, take it outside, and leave it there (the mouse, not the comforter). When I came back in, both Bailey and Riley were wandering around the bed, presumably looking for the mouse.

I guess I should be thankful it wasn't worse (like something even more disgusting) and though it is the season of thanks, I am not thankful for this gift.

No comments: