Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shoulda Brought the Buick

Thursday night I got back to the airport and got on the shuttle. The bus driver drops someone off way at the end of row 10. I am parked about 10 cars down so I figured I would be next. Then the driver takes off down to the front end of the row.

Most drivers will call out the type of car that it is and the person who owns the car gets out. So he pulls up to this car and says "Buick......Buick?" Nobody moves. Everybody in the bus looks at each other. "Buick...," he says again and drives off. It was a bit of a Ferris Bueller moment. So then he takes off for a different row and I realize he must have the number wrong and the "Buick" is my car. So I have to yell up to him that he skipped my car, that it was not a Buick, and it was clear at the other end.

He never said why he messed it up, but he did take me to my car.

No comments: