Wednesday, February 25, 2009

No More Tiny Mouthwash Refills

I've stopped having my room cleaned during the week. I know how to manage with the supplies I have and it saves me time and effort every day. I put out the Do Not Disturb sign and leave it up. This gets the staff a little riled up as they are sure I must have run out of tiny mouthwash or need my kleenex folder into triangles and am in dire need of their assistance, but it is working for me. I just stack up the Housekeeping business cards they put in my key slot and leave them in the room in the hopes they will recycle them.

I was getting weary of having to move the trash can back where I like it each day, and it clearly is in the "Clean Room" checklist that the desk chair must be returned to its lowest level to deliver the highest guest experience. But I'm able to live without that service.

I don't know why I never thought of this before.

P.S. If you intend to try out this philosophy yourself, it is essential that you take the remains of your garlic bread to the hall trash can. Don't say I didn't warn you!

No comments: