Sunday, November 15, 2009

Project On! The Before Chapter.

Now that the red room is finally complete, it is time to move on to the next project. Next up: the hall bathroom. This bathroom has always been near the top of my list to redo but has gotten bumped to the top as the shower faucet started dripping, then the drip became more of a stream. So the plumbing needs to be replaced, so might as well redo the whole room, right? There is more urgency because this morning I couldn't even get the water to shut off in the shower!

The Before pics: (I'm not sure these adequately represent how lousy it looked and was before). Plus this pic shows the cabinet before I nearly set it on fire.


This tile floor was under the carpet (yes, carpet in the bathroom, glued directly to the tile!)

Dad and I kicked the project off officially on Thursday by uncovering the top part of the window that was hidden behind the tub surround. Yesterday we removed all the remaining tile, the floor, and the cabinets and toilet. The floor had to be removed all the way down, including removing a concrete subfloor and tile.


Only the shower is left because it is the only bath tub and I don't want to be Pig Pen. The trick will be to minimize the time I have no shower. Here's where we are now, minus the cabinet:


In case anyone is curious, I'll post a few pics. Stay tuned!

No comments: