Saturday, September 1, 2012

Alaska Day One: The Uneventful Day

Our story starts at the beginning.  Unfortunately the beginning is boring but what are you gonna do? 

After carefully extricating myself from work, Mom delivered Frances and I to the airport for our late afternoon flight.  Perhaps the most interesting thing I saw on the flight to Denver was a man with a large bald spot on the top of this head.  In this bald spot, he had a tattoo of a man cutting the grass with a lawnmower.  Other than that, he appeared to be your average 70ish man.  I tried to take a picture but found it to be too awkward.

We had a quick dinner at McDonald's in the Denver airport and then boarded our flight to Anchorage, leaving Denver around 5:30 p.m.  The flight attendants were all older males, which you don't see very often.  Apparently one of them hugged Frances as she was getting off the plane.  She did not appreciate this.  Movies shown on the flight were Cars and Avengers.  I did finally watch cars all the way through.

I entered my 49th state about 9:45 p.m. in time to find the sun just getting ready to set.  We picked up our rental car and found our way to the Qupqugiaq Inn.  That's really it.  Told you day one was boring.  Day two is better so stay tuned.

No comments: