Sunday, May 13, 2012

Noodle Bits

I had to take the kitchen sink apart.  I put some pasta salad in the garbage disposal and the sink wouldn't drain.  I tried to clear it from the top but no luck.  So in DIY fashion, I figured I'd take the trap off and clean it out.  Unfortunately when the pipes are full of water, it's nearly impossible to take apart without the water going everywhere.  As I'm sure you can guess, that's what happened.  The best part was the drain was full of chopped up noodle bits, which were soon all over me once the pipe was removed.  So there I was, head under the sink, soaking wet, covered in noodle bits.  I was pleased with myself, however, that the trap was clogged with grit from when I did the tile, and of course noodle bits...  So at least I fixed the problem.  There was a little drippage as a side effect but seems to have cleared itself up.

No comments: