Friday, December 4, 2009

Spatially Challenged


Phase 10 is complete! For those of you not tracking phases, that is the sheetrock on the ceiling. But this phase pointed out one of my most serious skill gaps. I consider myself a fairly capable person and I can figure most things out. But I am seriously challenged when it comes to "spatial" things. Not that I bump into things. But if one side of the sheetrock needs to be shorter than the other or one edge needs a hole cut out, I can not visualize the sheetrock going up to the bathroom and onto the ceiling well enough to know which side is which.

The only way I can make it work is to lay it down the exact way it will go up and face the same way. Then I can be somewhat sure I'm right, but I'm never confident enough. Now I know why Joey needs to be "in the map." (Strangely enough, I do okay with maps...)

I also now have a window that doesn't require a trash bag to cover it. Maybe I already reported that.

No comments: