Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Green Forks and Stubby Pencils

The office I work in has made several initiatives towards being green, including eliminating plastic silverware. Overall, I support this. However, it introduces complications for travelers who may not have a supply of silverware. As I was eating my carry out lunch with the supplied fork, my fork snapped in half, or maybe less than half, leaving me no choice to eat the remainder of my noodles with a two inch fork. For some reason this reminds me of the kids in B's class that write with the tiny pencil stubs and get them stuck in the electric pencil sharpener.

1 comment:

HH said...

If one child's fork broke on accident...they would all break their forks so they could eat with a 2-inch utensil. Then they would stick those in the pencil sharpener. Noodles must have been challenging.